Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Since the Fall...

Since Thursday I have been hobbling around with my bum leg.  I had X-Rays and a half cast applied on Friday.  By Sunday I was through with the half cast and just had Chris wrap my leg.  Monday night was our monthly meeting night and our puppy sitter, Kathi and her husband Dennis, were going to be at the meeting with Dylan.  It was also the night of skills for the dogs and Kathi was gracious enough to work with Dylan.

Kathi working to brush Dylan while blindfolded.
While I watched Dylan going through each skill, it was plain to see how much Kathi loved being a puppy sitter.  She had raised a GDA dog prior and knew exactly what to do.  Included in the skills were cradling, jumping in the back of a van, sit stays and down stays as well as the formal come.  Then it was off to the hall for some refreshment and prizes.

Us with Dennis and Kathi

While staying with Kathi, Dylan has gone to stores and friends houses.  Also she has been going on long walks.  Like Kathi told us, a tired dog makes for a happy puppy raiser.

Nice Sit...At Whole Foods.  Where else?

Back to their home.

Ahh...

Then the prerequisite computer training:  All guide dogs must be able to use the computer...

or not...

And finally some window gazing time...



Thursday morning, our area leaders Nancy and Brian will be taking Dylan up to Sylmar for a week long kennel stay.  While we miss our puppy so very much, knowing that she is in great hands makes it a bit easier for us.  One of the many great things about GDA is the support they give all the puppy raisers.  I can't think of another organization that supports its people and dogs so well.   

As for me, I had an MRI today and will find out results on Friday.  Stay tuned...









No comments: