Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane (John Denver)

"It's 5 AM, I'm ready to go.  My bags are packed, they're by the door.  The shuttle doesn't get here for another 90 minutes."  It doesn't rhyme, but I never claimed to be a song writer.

Chris and I will be winging it back to the good old USA while you sleep.  We leave at 9:45 AM our time, 12:45 AM your time and get home tonight around 8.  I'm not sure if this blog will continue.  The journey has been fantastic, responses have been great to read.  But, I'm not sure how much more of me any of you can stand to read about. 

So if this is it, I can live with it.  A new journey awaits.  When that one gets rolling, I'll see if you want to come along on that one too.

Ciao Italy,  ciao to Paola and Franco.  My intrepid classmate Julie, thanks for being here.  To all of you who read this blog, thanks.  To my family, your support made it possible.  To Chris, I love you.

1 comment:

Denise said...

As Life Part 2 really sinks in, I think you will find the journey one of surprises along with the mysteries. I hope you continue to blog. I for one will read it. If for no one else, continue it for me and for your future self who will have forgotten it all one day. Let us know you're home safe and if the cheese made it home as well. A presto amici!