Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Culinary and Coach Wooden

Monday, we had four sauces demo' for us and then we had to go and make them. That's four sauces simultaneously. We had to mize en place for each sauce, ingredients and equipment. Moving quickly to acquire everything you need, dealing with 20 other students who were on the same mission and not sure where everything was meant one thing, "stress". That night, we had to prepare for our first written test, put together our time lines and prep sheets for sauces we were going to make in preparation for our sauce practical final on Wednesday and outline everything we had learned in our first 5 days. Again, more STRESS!

So I'm driving home from Smart and Final, because I bought my own prep bowls, so I won't have to go looking for them at school and I pass a sign at one our neighborhood churches going down Wardlow Rd. It simply read;
"Be quick, but don't hurry" J. Wooden.

Now I am not a religious person, but that was the best sign at a church I have ever read.

This early AM, I wrote my outline. At the same time, that was studying for the test. Actually, it was one in the same.

Be quick, but don't hurry.

Thank you Coach Wooden!

No comments: