Friday, September 10, 2010

One is Enough

I love a four day school week.

We cooked our Rack of Lamb Persille' today. I changed up the potatoes and did Pommes Puree with Roasted Garlic and I had to make those baby cabbage thingys, Brussels Sprouts Paysanne. My goal, as stated yesterday, was to nail the sprouts. So I par-boiled them in salted water, shocked them in ice water. Then I sauteed the paysanned veggies in butter, added some fresh thyme, sliced up the prosciutto and crisped that up, added back the sprouts and seasoned the whole thing with salt and pepper. Not too complicated. I found the key to sprouts is not to over cook them. I seem to remember in my youth, they were always mushy. So, how did I do?

Nailed it! Chef told me they were excellent. So I ate one. That was enough.

French cooking term for the day:
Persillade (pear see yahd)-A mixture of parsley and garlic. We used this mixture with panko crumbs and I added chopped Rosemary to put a crust on the lamb.

We only have two more weeks of Foundations III. Next week we get to learn how to make sausages and do breakfast cookery. Denny's, here I come.







No comments: