Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Excitement is in the eye of the beholder

We made dessert sauces yesterday.  A raspberry sauce, a chocolate sauce and finally a creme anglaise.  Not an overly exciting day, except for the fact I unknowingly had splashed some raspberry sauce on my uniform.  One dot ended up on my toupe, right between my eyes.  Yes, I was made fun of for looking like I was a middle easterner or whatever.  Like I said not very exciting.

Today we get to put the sauces to work.  We'll be plating and saucing ice cream, which we made yesterday as well, cheese cakes and probably the best dessert I have ever had the pleasure to eat, a Souffle.  We made a savory souffle last semester, but this is going to be a Chocolate Souffle with Creme Anglaise.  Fluffy, sweet and oh so warm.

Now that's exciting.

No comments: