Monday, October 25, 2010

The last Yoke is almost upon us!

I start this week as the last full week in pastry.  Next week I only go through Wednesday as it will be a three day practical test and final written exam.  But, before that we get to make Creme Brulee, Cheesecake, Ice Cream with assorted sauces, Almond Tuiles, a real flat cooking.  I also get to make a Chocolate Souffle and finally a Fruit Cobbler.

As it stands right now, our Practical Final will include making the following:
Said Chocolate Souffle, Creme Anglaise, a Pate Surcree or short dough, Yellow Butter Cake or Celebration Cake and a Meringue Buttercream (with a lot less Emulsified Shortening) topping the cake.

My neighbors are going to miss Pastry much more than I am.  They really thought it was great, me coming home with all those sweet goodies.  Me, I look forward to starting International Cuisine and no more scaling sugar, no more wiping chocolate off my chef's coat and no more separating whites from yokes.

No comments: