Monday, December 22, 2014

Organ Music with Likor Marrille


We left Vienna and motored up the Danube to a small town called Krems in Austria.  Krems, pronounced Krayms, is the gateway to the Wachau Valley on the Danube.  Our morning was spent listening to an organ recital at Gottweig Abbey.  Now, I will freely admit that listening to an organ recital is not real high on the bucket list of things to.  (I did try to down load some of the recital, however it would not so you just have to take my word for it, it was great)

The Abbey is about a 15 minute drive outside the town and sits high on a hill.
Gottweig Abbey
A beautiful day in Krems.




The Abbey's Organ  

Upon our return to the town, I discovered that apricot or Marille, the Austrian word, is essential for apricot schnapps and a chocolate treat called Likor Marille.  Place them in hot chocolate or coffee...oh my!

I had to get these.























Then up the Danube again through the Wachau Valley.  On our way to Linz to see the birthplace of Mozart and a small movie you may have heard of made in Salzburg.


Amazing scenes along the Wachau Valley



















No comments: